Tuesday 6 May 2014

Fegor Ogude hopes to make provisional World Cup list

The Nigeria international has revealed his utmost dream to play part in Stephen Keshi led Super Eagles' World Cup campaign, atleast making the provisional list for Brazil
Amkar Perm midfielder Fegor Ogude has said making the 23-man list to the World Cup with Nigeria remains his biggest dream of the moment.

Ogude has flourished in the Russian Premier League this outgoing season, netting three goals in his first five games.

Despite missing out on recent invitations, the 26-year old is still optimistic of making at least the provisional squad to be announced by Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi this week.

“To get to the World Cup – [would be] my most cherished dream. And I would very much like to see my name on the list of 38 Nigerian players who will be ready to go to Brazil," Ogude told his club's website.

“If I fail to break into the 23-man list, then I'll spend time at home in Nigeria. I will visit my parents, two sisters and four brothers.

“Last year I played for the national team in the group stage of the Africa Cup of Nations which we won and the World Cup qualifiers.

“I played in the Confederations Cup against national teams of Tahiti, Uruguay and Spain, and then I got injured.

“In the New Year, I have not played for the national team, but I know that my performance in Russia is closely followed,” the former Warri Wolves ace said.

Ogude who aptly excels at defensive and attacking roles has made 16 appearances for the Super Eagles.

No comments:

Post a Comment