Tuesday 6 May 2014

Falcao: I'm thinking about the World Cup

The Colombia striker is currently recovering from a serious knee injury but is hoping to be fit in time to represent his country this summer
Monaco and Colombia star Radamel Falcao says he is still hopeful of recovering from his knee injury in time for the World Cup.

The former Atletico Madrid man suffered anterior cruciate ligament damage in January, ruling him out for the rest of the principality club's season.

However, it has been claimed that he could yet recover in time to feature in Brazil this summer and Falcao is still holding out hope of representing his country.

"The recovery is going well. I'm happy with the progress I've made. It's going better than expected and I hope to continue this way," he told Marca.

"It takes time. I have other procedures in my recovery when the moment will arrive to decide if I'll be available. I'm thinking of my knee, nothing else. I'm thinking of recovering, everything going well and playing at the World Cup."

Falcao went on to say that he believes a South American team could be more likely to win the title than their European counterparts.

"Favourites are always in reference to who has won historically, but a team never taken into account always features.

"Because it's played in South America, it might be less complicated for them than the Europeans. But Spain are one of the powers."

No comments:

Post a Comment